Standard Treatment Guidelines- A manual for medical therapeutics 6th Edn
Professor and Head
Department of Neuropsychopharmacology,
Institute of Human Behaviour and
Allied Sciences, Delhi
President, Delhi Society for Promotion of
Rational Use of Drugs, New Delhi.
Former Director Professor and Head,
Department of Paediatrics, Maulana Azad Medical College
and Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi
- Major revisions reflecting latest recommendations
in all chapters, and presenting new algorithms.
- Key information on COVID-19 pandemic:
- Restandardized cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
algorithms and guidelines in view of the COVID-19
- Severe acute respiratory infections (SARI)
including COVID-19, management of COVID-19 and
co-infections, Pregnancy in COVID-19, etc.
- A new chapter on tumours and cancers with a
special focus on screening and early diagnosis and
treatment of some of the most common cancers.
- Several new priority diseases namely syncope,
button battery injuries, acute encephalitis syndrome,
cerebral palsy, club foot, scrub typhus, herpes
zoster ophthalmicus, frost bite, polycystic ovarian
syndrome (PCOS), etc.
- Antimicrobial Stewardship principles in the
treatment of infectious diseases.
Presenting a practical book on managing the
- To assist busy clinicians in clinical decisionmaking
- To reduce inappropriate clinical variation in practice
- To improve quality of care and patient safety
- User-friendly ready reckoner
- Holistic approach
- General practitioners
- Primary care physicians
- Undergraduate medical students
- Postgraduates and Resident doctors